I plan on applying for next year’s OCS summer course. I have contacted an OSO and he’s been helpful.
I have a 3.2 GPA, I haven’t done a PFT (not sure when to do that yet) and I am a part of various organizations on my campus in which I have been involved with leadership.
I want to make sure that I will get accepted and want to know that my application will not raise questions.
What do I need to do to get a yes for my USMC OCS application?
- Start running PFTs immediately. Just test yourself (with strict pullup form) if your OSO does not offer them weekly.
- Work to develop yourself more as a leader and get some leadership roles on your resume.
- Keep building that relationship with your OSO like your career depends on it.
- Don’t get any tattoos or in any legal trouble.
- Network with Marines and research the Marine Corps as much as possible.
- Start contacting possible recommendation-writers well ahead of time.