Hello I am a college junior and am considering Marine PLC, however, I know that getting acceptance into OCS is extremely difficult for females. What are things that I can do to increase my chances in addition to physical fitness? What other factors would help my application?
- Get leadership on your resume. If you don’t have leadership experience, get some! Join some clubs or extracurricular activities and run for office. Start a small side business and hire some help. Volunteer. Whatever.
- Find former military officers for your recommendations.
- Start the candidate’s reading list.
- Form a very good relationship with your OSO. He or she can strongly influence the application board.
- Lastly, keep up your GPA, don’t get in trouble with the law, and avoid tattoos for now.
Want to go the extra mile?
Also, acceptance usually is easier but getting through OCS is much harder (speaking statistically). In the end, Leadership and PFT are your big two.