Immigrant Marine to American Citizen

Perhaps some of you want to become Marines but are not citizens. Here’s the quick story of one such Marine who actually became a citizen while serving his new country in the Corps!

While most Marines are American citizens, it’s possible to become one of the Few as a legal resident. Watch the story of one Marine sergeant born in El Salvador who is a now a naturalized American citizen.


Quick Q & A

What if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
Only U.S. citizens or foreign nationals legally residing in the United States with an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (“Green Card” — INS Form I-151/551) may apply. Applicants must speak, write and read English fluently.

Can the Marine Corps help me obtain U.S. citizenship?
No. The U.S. military cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States.

Leave a Reply