This Timex Expedition watch aims squarely at undercutting more expensive and well-known competitors such as the Suunto and G-Shock lines of military watches. The Timex successfully combines all the commonly-desired features into an attractive packaging at a very competitive price, and should be at the top of every new Lieutenant’s wish list.
Multiple timers and alarms. Hydration reminder. Day, date, and month calendar. Light, Compass, Shock resistant. Waterproof.
- Digital compass. Impressive in a watch this inexpensive.
- Tactical color scheme and “reverse” LCD screen, showing mainly black
- Waterproof, including band, so you won’t have a soggy bracelet feel
- Extremely rugged, down to the flat buttons and overbuilt hinges
- Large face could feel too big on very small wrists
- Very stiff waterproof band could be uncomfortable on dainty wrists
- Greenish-blue tint to the grey band might not be everyone’s favorite color
This tough military watch has all the features a candidate or new Lieutenant would want, at a fraction of the price of its competitors. Highly recommended.